How is that New Year’s resolution going for you? If you have already abandoned it, you are not alone! Statistically, most people gave up on their resolution by early February if they even bothered to make one to start with! The real question is why? Why do you keep giving up on your goals and resolutions prematurely? It is obvious you want to make some type of change or you would not keep making resolutions and goals. What if I told you the problem was not in your willpower but in your preparation and execution?
Have you ever heard the saying, “If you fail to plan, you plan to fail?” It’s true! If you find that surprising, keep reading. There is a better way for you to approach your goals so you won’t be in the same place you are right now at the end of December 2023. And I promise you we will make the process easy and approachable, setting you up for success!
To begin, you have to figure out the root cause of the disconnect (where are you getting off track?) and redirect your energy to create real changes and commitments that will reach your goals. This will take a little bit of honesty and digging, but it will reveal so much about how you need to revamp and move forward to obtain your desires.
Here are five things to consider when you are thinking about why you gave up on your goals prematurely:
- Did you set the wrong type of goal? It could be that you need to change the type of goal you are setting to one that keeps you engaged and motivated for longer or to one that is easier to track and, therefore, achieve.
- Is your environment subconsciously triggering you in ways that make it harder for you to achieve your goals? You probably have some conditioned stimuli that are in your day-to-day life that need to be addressed and either removed or replaced to make a significant impact on your commitment to your goal.
- Did you get distracted because your goal timeline was too long with no short-term goals to help keep you motivated along the way?
- Did you give up when you should have just reevaluated your goal? You have to track your progress but you also have to know that you are allowed to readjust based on that information. A definite way to fail to meet your goal is to just stop working towards it!
- Did you try to go it alone instead of finding someone to help encourage you and hold you accountable?
These are all super common mistakes we see when setting goals and not following through with them. It usually has nothing to do with your willpower, but more about not having the right strategies and building blocks in place for what you really want to achieve. Once you have a better understanding of how to prepare for and execute your goals, sticking to them will be much easier, and we know with a few tweaks your outcome could be very different!
Because it is all too common for you to give up on your goals prematurely, we will be talking about this more in our upcoming Master Class, Revamp! If you want to dive into these five topics more in-depth, we hope you will join us live on Zoom Tuesday, March 28st at 1:30pm. We will be there to help you revamp and rebuild with better strategies and a better mindset to reach your desired goal!
The MasterClass, Revamp, will be recorded and all participants, whether they attend live or not, will receive access to the recording. I hope to see you there!
March 28th, 1:30 PM EST
Early Bird Pricing: $89 (until 3/13)
Presale Price: $139 (3/14 – 3/20)
$189 in full price (after 3/21)