If you are on social media at all, you have seen the infamous Stanley cup everywhere. Maybe you’ve even grabbed on for yourself! Either way, let’s talk about why how many times you fill your cup up is more beneficial than what type of cup it is. If you are like us, it’s a daily struggle to stay hydrated. Really think about it, how much water have you consumed today? For us, some evenings we realize that we haven’t had any since the first thing this morning! The day gets busy and guess what gets overlooked? That’s right, that good ole Stanley water cup! Keep reading to know why it is more important than you probably realize.
Hitting an afternoon slump? You probably aren’t getting enough water! Your hydration has more to do with your health and wellness than you are probably giving it credit for. Your body requires water to not only survive but also to thrive. Getting enough water every day is one of the most important steps you can take to improve and protect your health. Dehydration in the body can decrease physical and mental performance and can cause headaches, dizziness, low energy and more. Without water your body can’t do all it needs to do so you can keep doing everything you want and need to do. Did you know your body relies of proper hydration to:
- Regulation your body temperature
- Metabolizing and transporting proteins and carbohydrates
- Lubricating and cushioning joints
- Protecting your spinal cord and brain
- Removing bodily waste
How much water you should drink daily varies from person to person. Factors like age, weight, health conditions, weather, and daily exercise contribute to the variant. As a general rule, 64 ounces of water is a good overall goal, but you should speak to your healthcare provider about what is best speicifically for you. One easy quick check to see if you are hydrated, look at your urine next time you have to use the restroom. If it is dark and cloudy, you should head straight to refill your water cup! If it’s clear, you are probably doing a good job keeping hydrated that day!
If you want to increase your daily water intake, you should start with tracking how much you are currently drinking for a few days so you can set a realistic goal of how much to add. Here are some ways to sneak in more water each day:
- Start early in the day
- Add fruit or vegetables to your water to give it a different flavor
- Drink a glass or two before bedtime each night
- Drink a glass before each meal. This will help you not overeat as well!
- Keep things interesting – coconut water, milks, tea and coffee, carbonated and flavored water, and water-rich foods like celery and watermelon all count towards your daily intake for hydration
- Pair alcohol with a glass of water
- Include electrolytes – get hydrated and stay hydrated with Pilates Cure’s favorite electrolyte option on Amazon. Using one of these sticks a day will help you drink more water because of the flavor, but it will also hydrate your body on a deeper level because of the minerals!
Pilates Cure wants you to stay hydrated and not forget about your water cup throughout the day. Let us know if you have any other tips to share for drinking more water daily at firstname.lastname@example.org. Now we are off to fill up our Stanley cup!